Welcome to Creative Garden North Lakes
Our early learning and long daycare centre offers child care in the North Lakes area, in a modern setting for families living or commuting through North Adelaide or the suburbs Munno Para West, Craigmore, Andrews Farm, Evanston & Angle Vale. Creative Garden Early Learning Centre North Lakes provides quality care and education for children from 6 weeks to 6 years and we are conveniently open from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Spacious, natural play areas
Your children will be able to enjoy our outdoor learning environments featuring our very own Bali hut as well as vegetable gardens, water play areas, bike tracks, cubby houses, a boat and an obstacle course. Children will love to learn through play in our environments that also encourage a fit and active lifestyle.
Our indoor environments invite exploration with quality resources and learning experiences. Children marvel, create, and test out their ideas as they play with a range of materials in purposeful play spaces. Literacy and numeracy concepts are embedded in play-based learning, as children engage as architects, storytellers, scientists, artists and designers. We also provide quiet activities for the children as well.
Dedicated team of educators
Our longstanding team of educators are passionate about nurturing and caring for children and supporting them on the early learning journey. Our educators bring their own personality into the rooms allowing for engaging learning environments and building strong relationships with the children. We understand that communication is critical between our staff and families and partner with our families to keep you informed every step of the way. You will also receive daily updates and photos detailing children’s learning and development on our parent App – Xplor.
Nutritious and inclusive menu
We have everything covered here at Creative Garden child care centre, so you won’t need to worry about preparing lunch or snacks. Nutritious meals and snacks created and prepared by our on-site chef. Shared mealtimes between children and educators strengthen relationships, with opportunities to share stories and experiences, and model healthy eating practices.
Approved Kindergarten Program
Our centre proudly offers a preschool program to ensure your child is supported for their transition to school every step of the way. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy, social skills and more, your child will become school ready.
As members of our Creative Garden community, we look forward to partnering with you to provide information, support, and high-quality education and care in your child’s formative years.
Our Family Support Team are happy to chat through your child care needs. Call them today on 1800 517 075 to book a tour at our centre, meet our team of educators, and learn more about why these first five years are so important for your child’s development.
Why you’ll love Creative Garden Early Learning Centre North Lakes
- Qualified educator team who are passionate about developing a great relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is personalised to their individual needs.
- A holistic play-based curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery through to kindergarten.
- Open outdoor play areas featuring a large yard and play equipment for children to learn through play.
- Fees are inclusive of nappies.
- A kindergarten program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. The curriculum will assist to prepare your child socially and emotionally for their transition to primary school.
- Daily photos and updates are provided on our parent communication app so you will never miss a moment of your child’s learning and development.
- We offer extended hours for busy families open weekdays from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- We provide flexible hours to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
Phone our Family Support Specialist team today or drop into our centre at your convenience to meet our team and find out more about us.
Rooms and Facilities
Creative Garden Early Learning Centre North Lakes provides early education and childcare for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been designed and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery room (6 weeks – 2 years) provides:
- A homely, safe and secure environment for children.
- Highly qualified and dedicated educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit, a feed or a play at any time of the day.
Our Toddler room (2 years – 3 years) provides:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The ongoing development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
- Vertical grouping of ages 2 – 6 years during “Toddler Time”: Vertical Grouping offers a warm, engaging and fun environment in which children can develop their self-confidence and express their individuality. Vertical Grouping simulates the home environment where children interact with different aged children to explore and develop new skills.
Our Kindergarten room (3 years – 6 years) provides:
- A Kindergarten program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Interest-based learning placing children at the forefront of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.
- A transition-to-school program.
See how we plant a love of learning at Creative Garden Early Learning Centre North Lakes. Book a tour today to see everything our centre and team has to offer.
Meet the Centre Manager
Working with children has been a lifelong passion and I have over 30 years of experience working with children of all ages in many different situations and places around the world. I qualified in the UK and worked as a nanny, holiday rep, nursery nurse, Centre Manager and Early Childhood Teacher before moving to Australia in 2012. My qualifications include NNEB, BA (HONS) Early Childhood Studies, Diploma in Leadership & Management.
During my career, I have learnt how all children are unique and special and how to tailor my teaching according to how best children learn. Children learn so much more through interacting with their peers and I have a fun and passionate approach to helping children to learn.
I believe open, honest relationships are the best and only way to build lasting and trusting relationships with families. At Creative Garden Early Learning North Lakes, we have an amazing and dedicated team, they are passionate and committed to providing the best experiences and education for the children in our care.
Our families love Creative Garden North Lakes
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
- Fees effective from 29 January 2024
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Creative Garden also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Creative Garden’s Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Creative Garden’s centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Creative Garden’s child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Creative Garden uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Creative Garden is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.