A quick guide to the New Government Childcare Package
- The upcoming Government change will commence from July 2, 2018
- The Australian Government is investing an additional $2.5 billion into early education and care over the next 4 years
- This will support the 1.2 million families who use approved early education and care
- The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) which will replace the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
- This will remove the current cap and provide assistance to more families in balancing work and early education and care
The new Childcare Subsidy (CCS) will:
- Be simpler than the current multi-payment system
- Reduce out of pocket expenses for most families
- Be more targeted, providing further assistance to low and middle-income families
How much Childcare Subsidy (CCS) will I be entitled to?
This will depend on three factors:
- How much ‘work related’ activity (full time, part time and study) you and your partner undertake each fortnight. The entitlement is based on the lesser activity figure for a member of a couple
- Your total combined family income
- The amount of early education childcare undertaken
For your convenience please use the button below to estimate your entitlements. This will allow you to make an informed decision around your individual family circumstances and if your family can enjoy even more benefits of being in early education and care.
For more information about the upcoming Childcare Package, please contact 1800 319 434.