Welcome to Creative Garden Pakenham
Our early learning and long day care centre offers child care in Pakenham in a modern setting that is great for families living or commuting through Pakenham or nearby suburbs Officer, Beaconsfield, Officer South and Clyde North. Our purpose built childcare centre is centrally located in Pakenham right next to Woolworths Lakeside, a short drive to Arena Shopping Centre and just 250m down the road from Cardinia Road Station.
We understand how busy life can be for our families, so we offer a stress-free all-inclusive early education experience to make your life easier. From nutritious meals made fresh daily by our centre chef, Happy Feet music and dance program and nappies – this is all included in the daily fee.
- Qualified educator team who are passionate about developing a great relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is personalised to their individual needs.
- A holistic play-based curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery through to kindergarten.
- Open outdoor play areas featuring a large yard, vegetable garden and play equipment for children to learn through play.
- Fees are inclusive of nappies, wipes, bedding and freshly made meals.
- Healthy and nutritious meals are prepared daily by our centre chef. We cater to all dietary requirements.
- A kindergarten program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. The curriculum will assist to prepare your child socially and emotionally for their transition to primary school.
- Daily photos and updates are provided on our app so you will never miss a moment of your child’s learning and development.
- We regularly present educational children’s shows and welcome special guests to the centre to extend on the children’s learning.
- Specialised programs for all ages including Happy Feet music and dance which encourages expression, social interaction and fitness with a different theme each week. We also provide Auslan classes where children learn how to communicate using sign language of the deaf community in Australia.
- Our educators and children explore our local community with excursions to nearby shops, train station and parks.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- A sustainability program that teaches children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
Rooms and Facilities
Creative Garden Pakenham provides early education and child care for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been designed and set up to deliver the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A homely, safe and secure environment for children.
- Highly qualified and dedicated educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to grow physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit, a feed or a play at any time of the day.
Our Toddler rooms offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The ongoing development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions.
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to engage in basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten rooms provide:
- A Kindergarten program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on further developing literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Interest-based learning placing children at the forefront of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to further develop social skills and emotional development.
- A transition-to-school program.
Victorian Government Approved Kindergarten Program
With longer and more convenient hours than traditional kindergartens – 6:30am to 6:30pm, five days a week, 52 weeks of the year – your child will be truly prepared for school and life beyond.
Our government approved kindergarten program will prepare your child for school through:
- A comprehensive curriculum taught by qualified early childhood teachers
- Stimulating and purposeful learning environments
- A play-based learning approach that engages young minds
- The development of literacy and numeracy skills using real-life experiences
- A focus on social and emotional development
Meet the Centre Manager
I have been working in the early childhood industry for over two decades and hold a Diploma of Children’s Services. During this time. I have worked across a variety of childhood services. This has provided me with the knowledge and skills necessary to help guide and mentor my team of passionate educators, along with understanding the needs of the community and the children that I have the privilege to educate and care for.
Children amaze me every day! They are unique, capable, resilient and have a natural sense of wonder and curiosity, which they love to share with their caregivers and teachers. With this in mind, I aim to provide an environment that supports this sense of wonder and provide them with the opportunity to explore and discover their world in a safe and secure way.
I believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and we are part of that village. We are here to help and support you and your child on their early childhood journey. This drives us as a service to build relationships with you, your child, family, and the community. I am fortunate to have a passionate team of educators at Creative Garden Pakenham who also strive to provide high quality care and education for your child and enjoy getting to know you and your child.
We aim to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment, from the moment you book a tour with us, through to enrolment and when your child starts care. We have an open-door policy and welcome your input and feedback, as this is important to us and helps form collaborative relationships, between you and the community. This also helps us to provide an environment that is supportive to all children, families, and educators.
The Creative Garden Pakenham team can’t wait to meet you and start your child’s early childhood journey.
Our families love Creative Garden Pakenham
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
- Fees effective from 10 July 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from a centre tour?
A centre tour is a convenient way to experience the centre of your choice and meet with our qualified educators at a time suitable to your family schedule. Creative Garden also offers the virtual tour option in all our centres. Click here to book a tour online.
On the day of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to observe practices and interactions within the centre environment. You’ll be able to see all the rooms and playgrounds, ask the team members any questions you have in mind, and get all the information you need to make the best decision for your child.
Do I have to be on a waitlist?
Creative Garden’s Family Support team will add your child’s name to our waitlist if one of our centres is currently full in your child’s age group. We will then contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We also do monthly check-ins to review the availability, and you will receive a text message confirming if you’re still happy to remain on the waitlist each month. If you would like to get an update at any point, you’re welcome to reach out on our Web Chat or give us a call.
Our Family Support team can also help you find more G8 early learning centres near you, with the same offerings at the Creative Garden’s centre you are interested in that have immediate availability.
What can I do to help my child prepare for starting care?
It’s common for a child to experience separation anxiety when they first start child care. When you’re getting ready to start child care, you can help your child overcome anxieties by visiting the child care centre together for a Stay and Play session, and easing into new routines at home.
Click here to read more tips about how to make the transition easier for your child.
What should I pack my child for their first day?
Most of our Creative Garden’s child care and early education centres offer the following:
- Nappies and wipes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Nutritious meals prepared by our in-house cook
Some centres also provide sheets and formula, so you may not need to remember to pack them.
For nursery children, be sure to bring: nappy rash cream, dummies, bottles and teats, comfort toys or blankets, three spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
For toddlers and preschool or kindergarten-aged children, it’s best to bring: spare underwear, water bottle or sippy cup, sun hat, closed-toe shoes, two spare outfits, spare socks and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Plus anything else your individual child may need, such as breast milk, a sleeping bag, a comforter or medication.
It’s best to speak to your centre of choice for a full list of everything included.
How do I get updates on my child's day?
Creative Garden uses Xplor Home as our family communication app. It is the best and easiest way to keep track of your child’s day. After you enrol your child with the centre, you can utilise Xplor Home to book child care days, manage your account, receive the photographs that capture your child’s learning, learn about your child’s progress, as well as keep up-to-date with upcoming centre events and important information.
What if my child gets sick?
If your child shows signs of an infectious illness when they arrive at the centre or becomes sick during the day, you may be notified that you need to make alternative arrangements or pick up your child from the centre, and keep them home until they are no longer infectious. While we understand that this can be inconvenient, Creative Garden is committed to maintaining a healthy environment and reducing the risk of infection for all children.
Under the Child Care Subsidy (CCS), families are allowed 42 absence days per child, per financial year. These can be taken for any reason, including public holidays and when children are sick, without the need for families to provide documentation.